Copyright

I am flattered that some feel my creative writing is entertaining enough to want to share with others. These stories, however, are a labor of love and are ever evolving. Direct copying of any of these stories would not be flattering at all. If you would like to share with others you may copy a portion of a story and then link to the original here. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Character Biography: Maralah

Maralah, tauren death knight.

This is a hard biography to write. I consider Maralah my first ever toon, though I did have a couple before her (a nelf hunter and a human priest, neither survived long). Maralah use to be a druid. The character has survived (so far) around five years. I've written the majority of my WoW fanfic as it relates to Maralah (a story that was heavily influenced by actual in-game plots and RP). She is a labor of love.

Early on my husband and I played Tocho and Maralah respectively, siblings and founders of Pack Spirit on Emerald Dream. RP guilds don't normally survive for long, the Pack lasted... four years. Former members of the Pack still stay in touch and RP their Pack characters together.

Both Tocho and Maralah were clean slates when we started out. Most of the personality of the two was developed as we went. Eventually Maralah morphed into the Elder of the Den, fondly referred to as the Den Mother. Each Elder was tasked with different aspects of care for the Pack, the Elder of the Soul was in charge of their spiritual well being, the Elder of Shadow in charge of protecting us from the darker side of things... the Elder of the Den was responsible for the emotional well being of the Pack.

One day I recruited a player who had a tauren hunter that looked eerily like Maralah... we chatted out of character and suddenly Maralah had a daughter that she had kept secret from her brother. Nariko didn't end up staying with the Pack long and I have no idea what happened to her, but she lives on in Maralah's story.

Maralah's "final death" was brought about by another player who wanted to introduce his ultimate villain. Killing one the precious Pack was a perfect way to shock others into noticing him. I agreed as I was due to take a break to deal with having a baby and besides, writing things into any story is what makes this FUN.

The toon itself was recustomized over and over, she became Onewateyah and then Owakeri and then Berkana and Madira and finally Kaikura.

The character, however, remained on my mind and finally made a reappearance as a death knight. If you've read the story (so far, since it's still being written) you know what Maralah did to Nariko and how it must weigh on her. There is more tragedy in Maralah's past and I hope to make the time to finish writing her story. I'm just a bit stuck on how to go from where I left off to the story that I've told in-character to people in game. I'll get there though, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment