Copyright

I am flattered that some feel my creative writing is entertaining enough to want to share with others. These stories, however, are a labor of love and are ever evolving. Direct copying of any of these stories would not be flattering at all. If you would like to share with others you may copy a portion of a story and then link to the original here. Thank you for understanding.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Prize

(Continued from "The Chase")

With small quiet movements I descended from the tree and made my way into Nighthaven, I’d have to get into the water from the far side and swim in as quietly as possible. It didn’t take me long to find a place to get into the water or to divest myself of all but my underthings and my knife. I almost giggled as I placed the blade in my mouth, silently thanking Elune that I’d thought to bring a single edged weapon. By the time I slipped into the water my heart was already racing, finally… finally, I was going to have the upper hand.

The water wasn't frigid but it was chill, it felt nice against my skin, flushed as I was with excitement. I submerged to the neck and swam slowly, I wasn't completely silent but I didn't make much noise at all. When I reached the bank behind the tree I moved out of the water with agonizing slowness. I stared at the tree trunk directly in front of me, water dripping from my sodden underthings. This presented a problem, he was on the other side, his back to the tree, and the tree was too wide to wrap my arms around.

I recalled that he'd been tending to his shoulder first and said a silent prayer to Elune that he was still doing so, then inched carefully around the tree to his other side. Luck was with me, his head was turned away from me. Slowly, oh so slowly, I crouched, bringing the knife up to almost touch his neck. My voice trembled as I announced to him in a near whisper, "you're dead."

He froze, tensing, the vein in his neck pulsed against the edge of my blade. We sat there for what seemed, at the time, like an eternity. Finally he relaxed a bit, his shoulders dropping as if in defeat, my knife drawing a line of blood across his neck with the added pressure. I held my breath and moved a bit closer. Keeping the knife at his throat I moved between his thighs and looked him in the eyes.

Dathelor still said nothing, but he smiled, his eyes glowing brightly with humor. He looked down and I followed his gaze, only to blush slightly. He was excited too. He sat up, wincing a bit, but ignoring my knife, leaning forward until his nose was almost touching mine. I could feel my knife bite into his neck a bit harder, I could feel his breath warm on my face. Gently he reached up and took my hand, pulling it and the knife away from his neck. He brought my hand to the ground, I could have easily broken his gentle grip but I really didn't want to. I released the knife and turned my hand to twine my fingers with his.

As my hand grasped his, he pressed forward, bringing his lips to mine. His other hand gripped my thigh and drew me closer. It took no more encouragement than that, I moved forward to stradle him, hungerly kissing him. The fingers of my free hand ran through his hair, finally gripping it and pulling his head back. Once again my voice trembled and I whispered, "I won."

He agreed and we continued our love making.

No comments:

Post a Comment