Copyright

I am flattered that some feel my creative writing is entertaining enough to want to share with others. These stories, however, are a labor of love and are ever evolving. Direct copying of any of these stories would not be flattering at all. If you would like to share with others you may copy a portion of a story and then link to the original here. Thank you for understanding.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Advice: Willing Whomper

Dear Threetoes,
Greetin's! I've a question fer ye. What do ye think o' Death Knights? I want t' see 'em killed off now that the Lich King is dead, but the human king says they be members o' the Alliance now. There are e'en a few in me guild!

They act polite enough, but I can see 'em lookin' at me sometimes, and I'm sure they're thinkin' about how t' properly disembowel me or somethin' nasty like that. Can they change? Or will they always be murderous, hateful critters?

Respectfully,
Wants t' whomp 'em first.



Dear Whomp 'em,
It doesn't really matter what I think of Death Knights. It doesn't even matter what the leaders of the Alliance think of Death Knights. Nope, the only thing that matters right now is what you think of Death Knights.

I'm hesitant to feed into your obvious need to lump all of one type of people into one category. All dwarves are drunks; all gnomes are inventors; all men (of any species) are pigs; all women (of any species) prefer frilly things to plate; all... well you get my point. If one or several particular Death Knights are looking at you like they want to disembowel you, treat that situation individually. Imagine they are a warrior and approach based on all your other bias instead of with the Death Knight bias in the forefront.

Me, personally, if someone is glowering at me I either ignore it or glower right back. I'm pretty good at glowering, especially if I've been drinking. Typically if the one glowering at me has ill intention then me glowering back triggers an escalation. That's when I, or in this case you, takes things outside.

For your own peace of mind I strongly suggest you consider checking your prejudice and reevaluate your motivations. You call all Death Knights murderous, hateful critters, but you're the one writing into an advice column and signing it "Wants t'whomp 'em first."

Harmin "Threetoes" Wildhammer

No comments:

Post a Comment