Copyright

I am flattered that some feel my creative writing is entertaining enough to want to share with others. These stories, however, are a labor of love and are ever evolving. Direct copying of any of these stories would not be flattering at all. If you would like to share with others you may copy a portion of a story and then link to the original here. Thank you for understanding.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Advice: Worried Whisperer

Mister Threetoes,
Hiya! So, get this, you know that great big graveyard in Duskwood, Raven Hill? Did you know the buildings there are haunted? That doesn’t surprise me, most people don’t. But I do. I’ve felt the ghosts there! One of them knocked me unconscious once. But the others don’t believe me… They think I just fainted.

I’m sure the ghosts are there, I just want to prove it to everyone else! You see, the ghosts are invisible. I think they’re shy. I’ve tried the normal invisibility things… Had my mom mix up some potions, had some of the engineers use their funny goggles… Nothing works. I know they are there though. I just need to convince them to show themselves to me!

I was wondering if you have any suggestions? I want people to stop calling me crazy! I need a way to prove the ghosts are there!

Thanks!
The Raven-Hill Ghost Whisperer



Dear Ghost Whisperer,
Sounds to me like your problem isn’t ghosts, but an overwhelming need for approval. What you need to do is turn it back on the others and make THEM think THEY are crazy. Next time someone says there are no ghosts in the graveyard just give a knowing smile and refuse to say anything. After a while people will start to wonder what you know that they don’t.

It couldn’t hurt to set up a little display, call it a practical joke, to “aid” the others in believing in the ghosts. Perhaps enlist a trusted friend. Once people stop denying their existance the ghosts will stop hiding, I’m sure.

Harmin “Threetoes” Wildhammer

No comments:

Post a Comment