Copyright

I am flattered that some feel my creative writing is entertaining enough to want to share with others. These stories, however, are a labor of love and are ever evolving. Direct copying of any of these stories would not be flattering at all. If you would like to share with others you may copy a portion of a story and then link to the original here. Thank you for understanding.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Parting

I lay against his chest, my head tucked under his chin. He stroked my hair and held me close. Finally, when he had softened enough that he slipped from me, we moved into the cool water of lake Elune'ara and rinsed off. I looked up while wringing out my hair to catch him watching me, he had a look on his face and I knew he was thinking of asking me again.

Pursing my lips I shook my head at him, "no, I told you I can't live as you do." He scowled and ducked his head under the water, rubbing his eyes clear as he resurfaced. I felt I needed to explain further, "Dathelor, you're barely willing to enter any town... how am I suppose to live like that? You barely see your own sister! I can't leave the few family and friends I have left for a life with only you and the forest. I'm sorry."

He was petulant, sullen and I turned away, unable to bear my heart breaking at the sight of him. We'd have these moments but unless he was willing to meet me halfway we'd never have more. I turned back, about to ask him what he would do if we had children, but he was gone. The water where he'd been standing wasn't even rippling. With a heavy sigh I climbed out of the lake and started making my way to wear the rest of my clothing was hidden.

The special moment we'd shared was fading fast in the heat of my anger over his actions. He was as old as me, there's no excuse for acting like such a child. And soon he'd be hunting me again, "training", or so he claimed. I couldn't help but smile, despite my annoyance at his attitude, the game was fun. I'd lost count of the score, but it really didn't matter. I'd see him again soon. Very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment